Monday, May 2, 2011

oDesk Continues... WORK!

Alright! Another month has passed! And I'm done with my 19th Semester @ North South University. That sucks you know right?! Who am I kidding. So I am working @ oDesk frequently now. Mom is pretty happy cause I am actually earning something. Big deal! As if those pirated GTA: Vice City cds and my other x-rated works did not pay me! Good thing she does not know about that. That is really a relief!


So here are few more badges I've earned in last few days. Take a look:

1. Business Strategy Test: 4.1/5.0, 87%, among the best 20% examinees! Rank: 131st.

oDesk Certified Business Plans & Marketing Strategy Consultant

2. Call Center Skill Test: 4.0/5.0, 77%.

oDesk Certified Call Center Skills Expert

3. English Basic Test: 4.0/5.0, 69%.

oDesk Certified English (Sentence Structure) Expert

4. English Spelling Test: 4.9/5.0, 85%, among the best 20% again!

oDesk Certified English Spelling (U.S. Version) Professional

5. Management Skills Test: 3.1/5.0, 81%, among the best 20%.

oDesk Certified Management Skills Manager


There you go, fancy badges! Does not mean anything if you are not actively looking for jobs and doing it right! People will not, I repeat, WILL NOT give you jobs. You literally have to ask and bargain for it through pay bidding and your resume. There are few things you HAVE TO keep in mind while applying for your job, ANYWHERE!


1. Give / Attach an attractive and to-the-point Cover Letter. It is very very important. For oDesk, keep few pre-made ones. Suppose you are good at 'Article writing' and 'Web Designing', keep two separate cover letters in two separate notepads, one demonstrating your expertise on article writing and so on.


2. Resume: Stuff all your experience in it. From your childhood achievements to project works, voluntary stuff and so on. HOWEVER, as an example, make sure when applying for a finance job, your resume does not talk much about your marketing majors!


3. Apply for jobs which you actually like finishing it or doing it. There is this saying goes, "Find a job you Love and you will not have to work a single day in your life!" I admit it!


So, that is it. My third blog, pretty big, I mean bigger than the previous two I see. More to come! Stay TOONED!

No comments:

Post a Comment